Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy MLK Day!

First I would like to thank LANDesk for giving me the day off to celebrate MLK! hahaha... suckers! Anyway, today we woke up to go to snowbird around 7 and there was 4 inches of snow on the ground. We checked Snowbirds website and the road was closed and then checked again at 9 and it was open! So we got in the car and off we went. Of course being in Utah (and it snowing) people were driving 20 mph and it took us forever to get there. But we finally got to Snowbird and starting skiing and boarding. Then came my best run of the day!!! First a little punk who didn't know how to snow board came crashing down the mountain and almost took me out (he ran over the back of my skis that's how close he was!) Then about 50 yards down on the same run the same little punk took me out (caught me at the back of my knees!) And then I watched the little punk go down just to make sure he didn't take me out again. So then i started going down, towards the bottom of this one run you have to pick up speed to get up at small hill so I starting going down (it's was snowing pretty good and the visibility sucked) and all of a sudden (while trying to pick up speed) I went through 20 inches of powder and my skis stopped and my body kept going! I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. I completely did a front flip and was buried in 20 inches of snow. My skis stayed on BUT they were sticking straight up. It was the funniest thing in the world. It's one of those stories where you had to be there but it was def so funny! Anyway, I wiggled my skis loose and finally got up but it was def so funny I had to write about it! Anyway, miss everyone at home. Can't wait to see everyone, I'll see Scott in a week!!! LOVE ~ Ally

1 comment:

Cheryl Leigh said...

LOL, that was funny. Poor little punk. I didn't know you had a blog until a couple of days ago...